Healthy, high-protein eggs baked with fresh green peppers for a breakfast energy boost.
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 8 large egg
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using butter, grease the inside of a muffin tin.
- Cut crust off of bread and press firmly into the bottom of 8 cups.
- Crack an egg into each. Dice bell pepper and sprinkle over eggs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, longer if you would like the yolks to be completely cooked through.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with orange wedges on the side.