- 4 cup kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large egg
- 2 medium bagel, wheat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Wash and cut stems from four large kale leaves.
- Heat olive oil and water in a large skillet, then add kale, stirring until wilted.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl without breaking the yolk. Set aside.
- Heat about a quart of water to boiling, then slowly slide the egg into the boiling water, keeping the yolk intact. Allow the egg to cook in the water until completely opaque and no longer runny.
- While the egg is cooking, toast 1 bagel.
- When kale is wilted and soft, slide one leaf onto 1/2 of the toasted bagel. With a slotted spoon, remove the egg from the water and place on top of the kale.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with cubed cantaloupe on the side.
Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 388mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g