- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup Oat bran, raw
- 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 serving turkey pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms, white
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Warm the water to approximately 105-110°F.
- Mix all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a stand-mixer (begin with paddle attachment) or a bread machine (just use the dough setting for mixing). If you do not have either of these, use a large mixing bowl. While mixing, add the water and olive oil. (If you are using a stand-mixer, switch to the dough hook at this time).
- Add in oat bran and mix until combined. Next, gradually add in the whole wheat flour, giving each addition enough time to mix. Stop adding flour once it turns into a sticky ball. Continue to allow the dough to mix together for about 1 minute (If you are using your hands, continue to knead the dough).
- Place dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle counter with a small amount of flour and place dough onto surface. Press dough down to release air. Divide in half and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Add small amounts of flour as needed to prevent sticking. Cut dough into circles using a 4″ round cookie cutter, or even a drinking glass. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Spoon out 1 teaspoon of sauce in the middle of each round. Add 1/2 tablespoon of cheese, 1 piece of pepperoni, a mushroom slice and a few slices of bell pepper (don’t over-stuff!).
- Moisten the edges of the dough with a small amount of water and then fold over into halves, pressing to help seal the dough. Using a fork, press the edges to seal them together firmly.
- Place each pocket onto baking sheet and then poke the top of each with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve with mandarin orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 692mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g