- In the bowl of a stand mixer stir together the flours, salt, baking powder, sugar and yeast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, yogurt, and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir for about 1 minute, until the dry ingredients are completely incorporated into the wet ingredients.
- Increase machine speed to 2 and knead the dough until it is smooth and shiny.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and cover it with a towel. Leave in a warm place to rise until the dough doubles in size, about an hour.
- Put a baking stone or heavy baking sheet on the lowest rack of your oven.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees for at least 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces and form into teardrop or oval shapes with your hands about 6-8 inches across.
- Cook two or three pieces at a time.
- Drop the dough onto the hot stone and shut the oven door, watch until they are just starting to turn brown in places, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the naan and lay on a board. You can lightly brush with melted butter, or garlic butter or just enjoy plain.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie