- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils, raw
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- Chop onion, carrots, and pepper, mince garlic.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add vegetables and sauté until slightly softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add broth, lentils and water and bring to a boil. Then simmer for 45 minutes or until lentils are softened.
- While simmering, remove stems from kale.
- Once lentils have cooked long enough, add remaining ingredients (except lemon), and cook for 5-6 minutes, allowing kale to soften.
- Serve hot, with wedges of lemon for spritzing, and a whole wheat dinner roll.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie