- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup strawberries
- Preheat broiler. Prepare rice as directed on package.
- Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry. Arrange thighs, on a broiler pan. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Brush 1/3 of mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn chicken thighs. Brush 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until thighs are browned, about 7 minutes.
- Turn off broiler and set oven to 450°F. Brush final 1/3 of lemon-juice mixture over chicken (discard any leftover lemon-juice mixture) and return pan to oven. Bake until juices run clear when pricked with a fork and meat is no longer pink at the bone, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- Steam broccoli while chicken cooks, and prepare fruit.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie