Whether you are celebrating Cinco De Mayo, or your family just loves Nacho’s for dinner, try this recipe and everyone will like it!
Homemade Corn Chips Directions
- Purchase corn tortillas (or make your own tortillas)
- Slice tortillas with pizza cutter, knife, or cookie cutters
- Arrange on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray, or drizzle with olive oil.
- Add seasonings (or just salt)
- Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes. Watch carefully!
Beef Taco Meat
- 2 lbs. of beef (chuck or rump roast)
- 1 1/4 cups of canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 TBL vegetable oil
- 2 TBL white vinegar
- 1 Package Casa Mexicana Beef Taco Seasoning
- Combine beef, oil, and vinegar in a deep pot, add enough water to cover beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes. (or cook beef in crock pot for several hours)
- Remove beef from pot and shred, reserve 1 1/4 cups of stock.
- Add shredded beef, reserved broth, crushed tomatoes, and seasoning packet into the pot, mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 15 minutes. Do not let sauce dry out.
- Serve over warm corn chips with lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, etc.
Are you making anything special for Cinco De Mayo?
Casa Mexicana Seasonings have no MSG, no artificial preservatives, and no hydrogenated fats. The Beef Taco recipe came straight from the seasoning packet that the company provided me with. It was delicious!!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie