Enjoy the flavor of summer with this colorful grill recipe for tender chicken, veggie, and fruit kabobs!
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium pineapple
- 12 wooden skewers
- Combine oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, soy sauce, minced garlic, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Cut 2-4 chicken breasts into large bite-sized chunks and place chicken in the bag. Make sure all pieces are covered. Put chicken in fridge and let marinate for at least 3 hours, and up to overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, let your skewers soak in water for at 15-30 minutes to prevent burning. Cut bell pepper, zucchini, onion and pineapple into large chunks. Alternate skewering all ingredients onto your sticks.
- Turn on grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook for 7-8 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle (if using a meat thermometer, make sure it registers 165 degrees). Remove from grill and serve!