- 2 cup strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cup yogurt, vanilla, low-fat
- Place fruit and honey in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently. The fruit should begin to break down while it cooks, but using a fork or potato masher will help with this as well.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved; pour into fruit mixture. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened and no longer cloudy, stirring often. Allow to cool.
- Add two tablespoons fruit compote to each of 4 bowls or cups, then top each with 1/2 cup yogurt.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie