Are you craving a warm and comforting meal? Easy Vegetable Tortellini Soup is my favorite quick and easy recipe to make when I crave something warm and comforting. This soup comes together in less than 30 minutes and is made with fresh carrots, celery, kale and more. Best of all, the soup is cooked in one pot and tastes great as leftovers!
I love quick and easy dinners that are packed with fresh vegetables. I especially love to sneak greens into meals because they are packed with nutrients, cook fast and add a delicious flavor. Soup is an easy way to incorporate fresh vegetables into your diet. Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Lentil Soup and this Easy Tortellini Soup are two of my favorite winter soup recipes. Both recipes are full of fresh vegetables and flavor that both kids and adults will love. This recipe also includes cheese tortellini and italian seasonings such as dried oregano, basil, parsley and thyme.
A few quick tips and notes for this recipe:
- Add more seasonings, if desired. I love dried oregano, basil, parsley and thyme so I usually add a little more seasoning.
- Add more kale, if desired. I love kale and strongly believe that the more kale, the better. The kale cooks in very little time so feel free to add a few more handfuls if you love kale as much as I do.
- Easy Tortellini Soup reheats well and tastes great as leftovers. Make a batch at the beginning of the week to enjoy throughout the week. You can even double the recipe in a large stockpot to enjoy more leftovers.
Ashley shares more of her favorite easy yet impressive recipes, including healthy meal plans and more, on Spoonful of Flavor.
Easy Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 9 ounce tortellini pasta
- 3 cup, chopped kale
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Chop onion, carrot, and celery; mince garlic.
- Add the onions to the hot oil and cook 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, carrots and celery and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, parsley, and thyme to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the tortellini and cook according to the package instructions.
- One minute before the tortellini is done, stir in the kale.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, topped with freshly grated Parmesan.
Go ahead, grab a bowl and a spoon to dig in!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie