- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 4 medium carrot
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Mix soy sauce, flour, honey, and water together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mince garlic, chop pepper and onion, and cut broccoli into bite sized pieces. Slice carrots into rounds and cube the steak.
- Heat oil in a wok and cook garlic for 1 minute, then add beef. Cook for 7-8 minutes, then add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes more, add carrots and peppers, then cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Finally add broccoli and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Make an opening in center of wok; add sauce mixture and cook until thickened, leaving in the center as much as possible. Once it is of a thicker consistency, mix everything together.
- Serve immediately over a bed of hot rice.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie