- 8 leaf lettuce, romaine
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 30 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 ounce feta cheese crumbles
- 2 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut pitas into wedges. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 10 minutes until crisp.
- Chop lettuce, cucumber, green onions, and tomatoes; drain and rinse chickpeas. Add all to a medium bowl, along with feta. Toss and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the juice from both lemons, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Before serving, add dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve salad with pita chips and apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie