Chicken Verde Enchiladas
- 2 medium mango
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop tomatillos and onion. Mince garlic. Place into a saucepan. Season with chopped cilantro, oregano, cumin, and salt; pour in water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, carefully (it will be hot so vent your blender if you need to) puree in batches until smooth.
- Toss together the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of the sauce, and 1 1/2 ounces of the Mexican cheese blend. Spoon a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Place 3 corn tortillas, overlapping as necessary, in the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with one-third of the chicken mixture; top with 2 cups of the sauce; sprinkle with 1/3 of the cotija and shredded cheese. Repeat layers, then top with remaining tortillas. Pour sauce over tortillas; sprinkle evenly with cotija and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with mango slices.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie