- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup milk
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 medium orange
- 1 medium pomegranate
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place chicken in an oven-safe dish and bake about 20 minutes until middle is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from oven and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- While chicken is baking, begin making pasta according to the package directions.
- Chop broccoli and add to the noodles during the last 3 minutes of cooking. When both are cooked to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter to hot pan and allow to melt. Add the flour and stir until smooth and thick, then slowly add milk, continually stirring to make a thick white sauce.
- Add Parmesan to sauce and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel oranges and cut wedges in half; remove arils from pomegranate. Mix together in a small dish.
- Add chicken and sauce to the broccoli and pasta; toss to combine and coat. Serve with fruit on the side.
Calories: 599kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 369mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 19g