Chicken Penne Broccoli Pasta
- 3 medium orange
- 1 medium pomegranate
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place chicken in an oven-safe dish and bake about 20 minutes until middle is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from oven and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- While chicken is baking, begin making pasta according to the package directions.
- Chop broccoli and add to the noodles during the last 3 minutes of cooking. When both are cooked to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter to hot pan and allow to melt. Add the flour and stir until smooth and thick, then slowly add milk, continually stirring to make a thick white sauce.
- Add Parmesan to sauce and stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel oranges and cut wedges in half; remove arils from pomegranate. Mix together in a small dish.
- Add chicken and sauce to the broccoli and pasta; toss to combine and coat. Serve with fruit on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie