- 8 ounce pasta, shapes
- 10 ounce frozen vegetables, mixed
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup leftover turkey
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and set veggies out to thaw.
- Cook pasta to al dente as directed on package.
- Mince garlic and saute in butter over medium for 1 minute. Add flour, salt, mustard, thyme, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Gradually add in milk while continuing to whisk. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, approximately 2 minutes; remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted. Add in cooked pasta, leftover turkey, and thawed veggies.
- Pour into a small baking dish, sprinkle the top with almonds, and bake for 30 minutes.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie