- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala spice
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 6 ounce Greek yogurt, plain
- 3/4 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 medium orange
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside covered.
- Chop onion. Peel and dice carrots. Cut cauliflower into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Place cauliflower aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onion and carrots.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Stir in curry powder, salt, pepper, ginger, and garam masala. Mince garlic and add to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add cauliflower, stir together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup liquid from skillet into a small bowl and whisk together with the yogurt. Add this and the peas to the skillet and mix to combine.
- Place cauliflower mixture on top of rice. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and cashews. Serve with orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie