- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala spice
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 6 ounce Greek yogurt, plain
- 3/4 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 medium orange
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside covered.
- Chop onion. Peel and dice carrots. Cut cauliflower into smaller, bite-sized pieces. Place cauliflower aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onion and carrots.
- Saute for 2 minutes. Stir in curry powder, salt, pepper, ginger, and garam masala. Mince garlic and add to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add cauliflower, stir together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 12 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup liquid from skillet into a small bowl and whisk together with the yogurt. Add this and the peas to the skillet and mix to combine.
- Place cauliflower mixture on top of rice. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and cashews. Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 586mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 6g