- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup, shredded bok choy
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 pound pork, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 medium lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, fresh
- 4 medium pear
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Mince garlic. Trim and discard bottom root ends from bok choy; thinly slice stalks and leaves crosswise. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and pork has browned.
- Add garlic; cook until fragrant and pork has cooked through, 1 minute more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, stir together water, juice from half the lime, fish sauce, and sriracha. Set aside.
- Add bok choy, matchstick carrots, and soy sauce to the pan with pork. Cook, tossing, until bok choy and carrots are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce and basil; heat through.
- Serve pork over rice with pears on the side.
Calories: 618kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1298mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 22g