Basil Pork Stir-fry
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup, shredded bok choy
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 pound pork, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 medium lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, fresh
- 4 medium pear
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Mince garlic. Trim and discard bottom root ends from bok choy; thinly slice stalks and leaves crosswise. Halve, peel, and thinly slice shallot.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and pork has browned.
- Add garlic; cook until fragrant and pork has cooked through, 1 minute more. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, stir together water, juice from half the lime, fish sauce, and sriracha. Set aside.
- Add bok choy, matchstick carrots, and soy sauce to the pan with pork. Cook, tossing, until bok choy and carrots are tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sauce and basil; heat through.
- Serve pork over rice with pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie