- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 14 1/2 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- With a knife, carefully score squash lengthwise where you’re going to cut it in half. Poke a few holes along the score.
- Microwave the squash for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Carefully cut the squash in a half. Scoop out the seeds.
- Brush the inside of both halves of the squash with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the two halves cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the squash until tender, about 30 minutes. Allow several minutes to cool.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides to create a spaghetti-like texture. Leave insides in the squash.
- While the squash is roasting, dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef. Season with salt, if desired. Cook and stir until cooked through, breaking the beef into small crumbles, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded squash, crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a simmer.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly between the two squash halves.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly between both halves.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately, with grapes on the side.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 775mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 24g