- 4 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 medium banana
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Stir Parmesan cheese and eggs into hot noodles, then pour into a baking dish (8×8 or larger) and press along the bottom, forming a crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice onion and green pepper; mince garlic.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high.
- Add the turkey, onion, green pepper, and garlic to the hot skillet. Cook until turkey is no longer pink, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess fat, then stir in the marinara sauce and continue cooking until warmed through.
- Spread meat mixture over the spaghetti crust, then spread cottage cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve each portion with greens, topped with your favorite dressing, and half a banana on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie