- 1 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2/3 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounce turkey sausage
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Make a well in the center; add milk, eggs, and oil. Mix just until combined.
- Insert an ice-pop stick into one end of each sausage, leaving a 1 1/2-inch handle. Dust sausage with extra flour; tap off excess.
- Using the handle, rotate each sausage over a bowl as you spoon batter over top to coat evenly. Place onto prepared sheet and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, using a spatula, reapply any batter that has slipped off onto the sheet. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes more until golden.
- If desired, serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping. Serve grapes on the side.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 526mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 16g