Servings: 4 1 ramekin
- 8 ounce lasagna noodles, dry
- 8 ounce beef, ground, 95% lean
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 leaves basil, fresh
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 head lettuce, red leaf
- 1 head lettuce, green leaf
- 4 tablespoon Italian dressing, low fat
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare pasta as directed on package. (Approximately 10 noodles.)
- In a large skillet, cook meat until browned; remove from heat. Drain any excess fat, then stir in marinara sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg white, oregano and freshly chopped basil.
- Using 4 separate small ramekins, spread a small amount of marinara sauce on the bottom, then place a lasagna noodle (cut to fit) in the dish. Next spread a layer of ricotta cheese mixture (1 tablespoon), cover with a noodle. Then spread meat mixture (1 tablespoon) and top with another cut-to-size lasagna noodle. Repeat once more, then, pour enough sauce over the top to completely cover the noodles. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layering with all four dishes and then place them on a baking sheet. Cover with foil, bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.
- Toss together the greens with Italian dressing or your personal favorite.
- Serve lasagna hot, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese with salad on the side. (1 ramekin, 1 cup greens)
Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1207mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie