Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Crunchy Mozzarella Sticks
These are fun, fast and fabulous! They would be perfect to serve at any type of gathering - Appetizer at a party, after school snack, Friday evening movie-snack, Tuesday mid-morning 'got the munchies' snack.......seriously anytime because they are so easy to make, and even easier to eat!
To Make: (4 servings)
- 8 string cheese sticks
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbl water
- 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water together.
- In another bowl, mix Panko, breadcrumbs and garlic powder.
- Roll string cheese in flour to coat.
- Dip in egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet; spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes - until golden and cheese begins to melt.
- Dip in your favorite marinara sauce or this beyond veggie dip!