Looking for ways to include more fruits and vegetables at every meal? Check out our meal plans for help today!
Brainy Breakfast Salad for Kids!
This avocado and apple salad is the perfect salad to get your day off to a good start! Most kids wouldn't associate salads with breakfast, but this is a great way to break them in slowly, because it's sweet and delicious! Avocados are almost a perfect food in my book!
- It's one of the only vegetables my kids willingly eat for breakfast.
- Avocados are brain food! If you want your kids to remember to do their chores each morning, they should be eating these! ;)
- They are high in Vitamin C, and what kid doesn't want Super Immunity!?
- They are a good source of vitamin K, which really is helpful for TJ who literally skins his knee every day. Vitamin K is needed to activate blood clotting, or heaven help us, he'd be a continual fountain of blood.
- 1 avocado
- 1 apple
- 1 TBL raisins
- 1 TBL Walnuts
- 1/2 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and chop apple. Place in bowl with a drop of water. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir, microwave for 30 seconds longer.
- Cool apples! This step is to make them the same texture (soft) as the avocado.
- While your apples are cooling, mix together honey, vanilla, and cinnamon, until well combined.
- Drain any water from your bowl of apples.
- Chop your avocado and add it to the apples.
- Pour honey sauce over avocados and apples.
- Add raisins and walnuts, and stir gently.
Add a hard boiled egg, and some whole wheat toast strips to make this a balanced breakfast!