Have you tried a white veggie lasagna one pot meal? This dinner is kid friendly, packed with veggies, and is perfect to store in the freezer or make-ahead. Whenever we make lasagna, whether it’s traditional red sauce, or with a white sauce and veggies, there is never enough for my family. My husband always tries to set some aside before dinner so he has some leftovers for work the next day, but he doesn’t always remember in time, and the entire pan is gone!
Our favorite veggies for this dinner is:
- Carrots (we used 4)
- Broccoli (we used 2 cups)
- Mushrooms (also 2 cups)
- and one onion
While lasagna of any time might seem overwhelming, because you are preparing the different layers, once you break it down it is quite manageable, and can be super quick! In fact, our prep takes less than 15 minutes. Then it’s just a waiting game after that.
Our layers as pictured above we made:
- First layer, the white sauce (we make in a pot with a butter and flour roux (recipe below)
- Second layer the noodles. We do not pre-cook noodles. We never have. Plus, we don’t purchase “No-boil” noodles. ANY lasagna noodle can be made into a lasagna without pre-cooking! I’ve done this for 20 plus years without ever having uncooked noodles in the end.
- Third layer- the veggies! Most important layer if you are making VEGGIE lasagna!
- Fifth layer- the cheese (a mixture of cottage cheese and mozzarella)
And that’s it- make the entire thing in the morning, and keep in your fridge. Just leave the baking for the night (I usually do it this way). OR, make double and put one int he freezer and cook one right away.