The Most Amazing Tuna Sandwich
This Tuna Sandwich has a burst of flavor with every bite – tender tuna, tangy pickles, and an ingredient that gives this tuna a protein punch…cottage cheese! We promise you’ll never eat tuna another way again!
Tuna Salad Sandwich
This Tuna Sandwich has a burst of flavor with every bite – tender tuna, tangy pickles, and an ingredient that gives this tuna a protein punch…cottage cheese! We promise you'll never eat tuna another way again!
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 small dill pickles diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 leafs lettuce
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Drain tuna and add to a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise, cottage cheese, dijon mustard, diced dill pickles, fresh dill, and lemon juice. Gently stir everything together to combine.
- Top 4 slices of bread each with a lettuce leaf and an even amount of the tuna salad mixture. Top with the remaining bread slices and cut in half. Enjoy!
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 2mg
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie