Honey Baked Ham Recipe
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil. Remove the ham from the packaging, pat it dry, and place the ham cut side down in the roasting pan. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Remove and stir the melted butter and honey together. Use a basting brush to cover the ham, and especially in between slices. Cover the roasting pan and ham TIGHTLY with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature is 135 F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger,onion and garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Pat half of the mixture over the ham, then return the uncovered ham to the oven and bake for 10 minutes (or until the internal temperature is 140 F).
- Remove the ham from the oven. Reserve 1/4 cup of the juices from the ham from the bottom of the pan.
- In a skillet, mix the remaining glaze mixture with 2 tablespoons of ham juices. Bring to a boil, and boil until it’s thickened to a sticky paste glaze consistency. Remove from heat.
- Brush the glaze over the ham with a basting brush. Return the ham to the oven and set the oven to broil. WATCH IT CLOSELY. Pull it out when the glaze is bubbly and golden. This should take about 1 – 3 minutes, but keep a close eye on it. Let the ham rest for 10 – 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie