Simply Corned Beef & Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon salt free all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 medium cabbage
- 8 medium carrot
- 8 medium potato, red
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 1 tablespoon dill weed, fresh
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the all-purpose seasoning with the ground mustard, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove core from cabbage and cut into wedges, peel carrots and cut into thirds, rinse potatoes and slice in half. Place veggies into a large bowl and mix with half the seasoning blend and 2 tablespoons of oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, until tender, stirring once halfway through.
- While veggies roast, make a dressing by whisking together 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, chopped dill, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- When veggies are approximately 10 minutes from being done, slice steak into two halves, lengthwise; rub with remaining seasoning blend. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook each side of steak for 2-3 minutes, or longer if preferred. Place onto cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Slice against the grain.
- Remove veggies from the oven and drizzle with dressing just before serving with steak and sliced oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie