Salmon and Zucchini Salad
- 2 medium zucchini
- 12 ounce salmon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup basil, fresh
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 4 medium peach
- Preheat grill, or grill pan to high heat.
- Thinly slice zucchini, set aside, covered.
- Drizzle fillets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle fillets evenly with 3/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange fillets on grill rack or grill pan; grill 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning once.
- Grate lemon rind to equal 1 1/2 teaspoons. Squeeze juice to equal 2 tablespoons. Combine rind, juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, zucchini, and lightly chopped basil, in a bowl; toss gently to coat. Top each serving with 2/3 cup of salad, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon almonds. Serve sliced peaches on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie