- 8 ounce elbow noodles
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup cream cheese, low fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 4 medium orange
- Cook elbow noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Chop summer squash into large chunks. Add squash and water to a small saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat until squash is soft. Puree in a blender or food processor and set aside until ready to use.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium. Add flour and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes or until thick and bubbly (be careful not to burn). Add milk and stir until it bubbles again. Stir in 1/2 cup summer squash puree. Add cream cheese and salt, mix until smooth and well-combined.
- Add noodles to your thickened cheese sauce. Top with shredded cheddar cheese or any other favorite cheese.
- Serve with raw broccoli and orange slices on the side.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 701mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g