This fresh, mayo-free tuna salad sandwich includes a tangy vinaigrette dressing and white beans for extra flavor and fiber.
Tuna & White Bean Sandwiches
- 5 ounce tuna, canned in water
- 1 cup white beans, canned
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 regular English muffin, wheat
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 medium apple
- Completely drain tuna and scoop into a small mixing bowl. Drain and rinse canned beans and add 1 cup to the tuna. (The remaining beans may be saved and used in scrambled eggs or even pureed and added to muffin batters.)
- Chop tomato and parsley. Peel carrots and cut into sticks; core and slice apples.
- Add tomato, parsley, 1-2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (more or less to taste), 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, oil, salt, and pepper to the tuna; mix well.
- Toast muffins and scoop out tuna mixture onto each of 4 muffin halves. Add arugula and top with remaining muffin halves.
- Serve with carrot sticks and apples slices on the side.