Instant Pot Pulled Pork SandwichPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 2 pound pork shoulder, lean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cup shredded veggies, bagged (such as broccoli slaw)
- 1 medium cabbage, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium apple
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1 medium lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 8 rings pineapple, canned in 100% juice
- Using a small dish, mix brown sugar, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, cinnamon and cayenne together. Using all seasoning, pat all over the pork.
- Turn instant pot to saute. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat. Thinly slice onion and chop garlic; add to hot oil. Cook for 1 minute. Add barbecue sauce, mix and then turn off instant pot.
- Add seasoned pork, turn over to fully coat with sauce. Cover and lock, using manufacturers instructions. For the quickest cook time, use the pressure-cooking method. Press Manual and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw: Add coleslaw mix to a large bowl. Thinly slice red cabbage, yellow pepper and apple. Add to coleslaw with olive oil, cider vinegar, juice of lime, lime zest, salt (if using table salt, reduce by half) and black pepper. Toss to thoroughly combine; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When cooking of pork has completed, use the Quick Release option, allow to vent and then open.
- Place pork in a bowl and press cancel on the instant pot. If remaining sauce is no longer thick, turn instant pot on to saute and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Shred pork using 2 forks and then toss back into instant pot; toss to coat.
- Add pork to rolls, top with coleslaw and serve with pineapple rings. (Coleslaw may also be served on the side).