- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 8 ounce water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 head lettuce
- 1/2 cup chives, fresh, chopped
- Cook enough brown rice to yield 1 cup cooked rice. Instant brown rice can be used for this.
- Finely dice bell pepper. Drain, rinse and chop water chestnuts. Mince ginger, and shred carrot.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, chicken broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, separate the leaves of lettuce and divide among plates, spoon some of the turkey mixture into each leaf, top with chives and carrot and roll into wraps. Each person should have about 6 wraps.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 571mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g