This Christmas Fruit Salad is bright, fresh, and full of our favorite seasonal fruit! It makes the perfect addition to your Christmas breakfast.. but it’s pretty fantastic any time!
How to Make Winter Fruit Salad
While the Summer months tend to steal the show when it comes to the produce department, some of our very favorite fruits are in peak season during the Winter! Fruit salad is the perfect way to introduce new fruits to your kiddos. In this recipe, we chop the fruit small and toss them in a sweet citrus-y dressing. Delicious!
We also love how adaptable this fruit salad is! Can’t find ripe kiwi? Allergic to pears? Leave them out or substitute whatever fruit you have on hand. You can’t go wrong.
This salad is also nutrient-packed!
- Apples– fiber and vitamin C
- Kiwi– fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants
- Pomegranate– fiber, vitamin K, protein, folate and vitamin C
- Pears– fiber, potassium, and antioxidants
- Mandarin Oranges– vitamins A, B, C, fiber and beta-carotene
Fruit Salad Glaze
The dressing is super simple and works with so many different fruits! We made a simple glaze with honey and orange juice with some poppy seeds for added crunch. They also add a healthy dose of fiber, manganese and protein!
We hope you love this Christmas Fruit Salad as much as we do!
I would love your feedback! If you make this Christmas Fruit Salad recipe, will you leave a comment and star rating below? Your feedback is super helpful for SHK parents and other readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Thank you!
Christmas Fruit SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 1 large apple chopped
- 1 cup kiwi peeled and chopped
- 1 medium pear chopped
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Chop the apple, kiwi and pear. Add to a medium bowl with the drained oranges and the pomegranate seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together the orange juice, honey and poppy seeds. Drizzle over the fruit and gently toss to coat. Serve.