- 1 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 large dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place seeds into food processor or high powered blender. Mix on low and gradually increase speed until a flour-like consistency forms into a ball.
- If the dates are hard, soak in warm water for 10 minutes; drain. Add softened dates to seeds along with coconut oil. Blend together.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend or process until smooth.
- Serve with sliced apples or other fruits if you like.
- Pour into a sealable container and store in the refrigerator.