- 4 patty black bean burger
- 4 roll hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia) tomato, red
- 1 medium (4-1/8″ long) onion, red
- 2 none artichokes (globe or french), raw
- 2 cup, diced watermelon
- Cook black bean burger according to package directions. We like the Morningstar Farms brand.
- Rinse lettuce and tear into pieces to fit a hamburger bun.
- Thinly slice tomato and red onion.
- Serve black bean burger on whole wheat bun with veggies, and your favorite condiments.
- Cut the end of the stem off the artichoke. If the artichokes have little thorns on the end of the leaves, you can use kitchen scissors and cut of the thorned tips of all of the leaves. This step is mostly for aesthetics as the thorns soften with cooking and pose no threat to the person eating the artichoke.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cook for 25 to 45 minutes or until the outer leaves can easily be pulled off.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 605mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 12g