- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1/2 tsp, ground thyme, dried
- 1/4 tsp sage, ground
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds, Whole with Shell
- 4 fruit 3-3/8″ high x 3″ diameter Pears, asian
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add chopped shallot, dried thyme and sage. Saute for 3-4 minutes, shallots will become tender.
- Add a pumpkin. Whisk in chicken stock. Add slowly while stirring. You may or may not need the full 2 cups, it is dependent upon how thin or thick you would like the consistency of your soup. Allow to heat and become bubbly. Add salt and pepper at the end for added zest! Top each serving of soup with a few pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 189mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 20g