Quinoa Salad with Shrimp
This healthy high-protein salad combines whole grain quinoa with tender shrimp and veggies in a light and bright cilantro lemon sauce.Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup corn, frozen
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none COOKING SPRAY
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 12 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 medium orange
- Set corn out to thaw.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package, cover, and set aside.
- Mince red and green onions, roughly chop spinach, and dice bell pepper. Add to a large bowl along with thawed corn; toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and then add oil.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink, approximately 2 minutes per side. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, salad mixture, and shrimp. Toss, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 137mg | Sodium: 261mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g