Oriental Chicken Salad
- 1/3 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup lettuce, romaine
- 2 cup shredded veggies, bagged (such as broccoli slaw)
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup Noodles, chinese, chow mein
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside. Drain oranges.
- To a large bowl add roughly chopped spinach and romaine greens, slaw mix, oranges and almonds. Slice green onion and add to salad bowl.
- Shred 2-3 cups of chicken from the rotisserie and add to the salad along with chow mein noodles.
- Drizzle on 1/2 the dressing and gently toss together to coat evenly. If more dressing is desired, add to bowl and toss once more (dressing may also be added individually). Serve immediately. (Serving size: 1 1/2 cup salad).
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie