Your family will love this springtime pasta dish with chicken and tender asparagus tossed with a light and lemony cream sauce.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 ounce linguine pasta, dry
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 4 medium peach
- Grill chicken using an outdoor or indoor grill. Cut into strips. Remove ends of asparagus, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Add the asparagus to the pot during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- In small pot, combine the half and half, butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Place the pasta and asparagus back into the pot you cooked it in along with the chicken.
- Pour the cream sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat evenly, adding pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Alternatively, you can toss just the pasta with the sauce and arrange the chicken and asparagus over the top of the pasta.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices if desired; serve with peach slices.