- 1/2 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 12 ounce sausage links, turkey, mild
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet on the stove over medium. (if you do not have this, you will need to transfer to a baking dish just before cooking in the oven.)
- Slice onion and green pepper; add to skillet and brown. Add cooked veggies to rice.
- Using the same skillet and stirring to crumble, brown the sausage over medium: 8-10 minutes. Add to the rice mixture.
- Dice green onions and add to rice along with salt, pepper, and thyme. Mix well.
- Cut the remaining peppers across the top, about 1/4 of an inch down. This will be used to cover the filling. Remove the seeds and membrane. Place peppers in the oven-safe skillet (or baking dish) with the open side facing up. Fill with rice mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place the top portion of the pepper, back on.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers have reached desired tenderness.
- Serve with grapes on the side. (Serving size: 1 stuffed pepper, 1/2 cup grapes)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie