Craving a restaurant-style hot sandwich? You’ll love this entirely fresh but quick-to-make combo! Whole wheat rolls are stuffed with veggies, chicken breast, and melty Provolone cheese. Pair this sandwich with a piece of fruit for a wholesome and balanced lunch.
- 4 medium kiwi
- Heat oven to broil.
- Soften butter and spread onto the insides of the hot dog buns. Place buns under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until they begin to brown; watch closely so they do not burn!
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Slice chicken longways (the same way you would to butterfly it) and add to hot skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until outsides are browned and the center is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper, and kiwis.
- Add pepper and mushrooms to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Season with salt to taste.
- Add cooked chicken to buns, then top with cheese and veggies. Serve with kiwi on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie