- 1 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 5 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar, distilled
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt and paprika. Use a whisk to mix together.
- Using a fork, knife, or your hands, mix in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add the honey and vinegar and stir well.
- Combine the water and vanilla in a small dish. Slowly pour the water into the dough while stirring, just until the dough starts coming together (you may need more or less water).
- Dust a work surface with flour; top with dough and knead lightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 10-20 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a piece of parchment paper to fit your pan and dust with flour. Roll dough until thin. The thinner the crispier! Try to roll evenly so thin edges don’t burn.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut crackers into 1-inch squares. Sprinkle with extra salt and place in oven.
- Cook 7-10 minutes or until crispy.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie