Couscous Kid Salad
- 2 cup couscous, dry
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 cup cauliflower, florets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 medium orange
- Cook couscous as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, set peas and corn aside to thaw. Grate carrots, and chop bell pepper and cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, bell pepper, cauliflower, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, oregano, parsley, and juice of the lemon.
- Add cooked couscous to veggies along with peas and corn (they will continue to thaw with the warm couscous if not completely thawed already). Mix well to fully coat.
- Serve immediately with orange wedges on the side, or cover and store in the refrigerator for later.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie