Ultimate Turkey Club Sandwich with Lemon Garlic Aioli
Start with the Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Cut the top of the head of garlic off. Place the garlic on a piece of foil with the cut side up and drizzle just a tiny bit of olive oil on it. Wrap it in the foil and place it in a small baking dish. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- While the garlic is roasting in the oven, cook bacon either in the oven (if using raw) or in the microwave (if using pre-cooked) until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Toast the bread until golden brown. Slice tomato into thicker slices. Rinse the lettuce and pat dry.
- Once the garlic is roasted and a bit cool, press 3 of the cloves out of the bulb into a small bowl. Mash them with the back of a spoon or a fork, and then add the mayo, lemon juice and salt. Stir to combine.
- To assemble the sandwiches, lay out the toasted bread and spread the inside of each slice with aioli. Then layer lettuce, tomato slices, turkey, avocado, and bacon. Top with the other slice of bread. Press the sandwich down slightly and cut in half. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie