- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon OREGANO, DRIED
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounce lasagna noodles, dry
- 2 medium pear
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Grate carrots and chop spinach (if necessary).
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess fat, then stir in marinara sauce, grated carrots, and spinach. Cook until warm.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, egg, basil, oregano, Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella; set aside.
- Spread some meat sauce over the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish, then cover with 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna. (It’s okay if they overlap.)
- Next spread an even layer of cheese mixture over the noodles. Cover cheese with more meat sauce, then add another layer of noodles.
- Continue until all ingredients have been used (the last layer should be sauce), then top with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly, then remove foil and bake 5 more minutes until cheese is nicely browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve sliced pears on the side.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 768mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g