- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 pound beef, ground, 95% lean
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon OREGANO, DRIED
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounce lasagna noodles, dry
- 2 medium pear
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Grate carrots and chop spinach (if necessary).
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently to crumble.
- Drain any excess fat, then stir in marinara sauce, grated carrots, and spinach. Cook until warm.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese, egg, basil, oregano, Parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella; set aside.
- Spread some meat sauce over the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish, then cover with 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna. (It’s okay if they overlap.)
- Next spread an even layer of cheese mixture over the noodles. Cover cheese with more meat sauce, then add another layer of noodles.
- Continue until all ingredients have been used (the last layer should be sauce), then top with the remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly, then remove foil and bake 5 more minutes until cheese is nicely browned.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve sliced pears on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie