- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in an ovenproof pan over medium heat; add onion, garlic, and 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cook 5-6 minutes or until onion is translucent, then season with salt.
- Stir rice into the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Add 2 cups of broth and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed.
- Meanwhile, chop mushrooms, cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces, and mince parsley; set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, and spinach to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes until veggies soften and spinach wilts.
- Add remaining broth, milk, remaining butter, and parsley to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice mixture, return to a simmer and cook until liquid has mostly absorbed and rice is tender.
- Serve paella with fresh pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie