Quinoa Pizza Bites Recipe
These power packed little Quinoa Pizza Bites are loaded with balanced protein, antioxidant rich veggies, and with a big pizza flavor, the kids will never know!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 24 bites
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa you can make this part days in advance or use leftover quinoa from dinner
- 2 cups cooked and cooled cauliflower florets, pureed you will need about half a head of cauliflower. i steamed mine for 15 minutes while my quinoa was cooking. you can make this part days in advance or use leftover cauliflower from dinner
- 1 egg if you are egg free, i think a flax egg or gelatin egg would work for the binding
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- extra pizza sauce for dipping
- optional freshly grated parmesan cheese and/or basil for garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Gently roll about 1 inch balls and set them onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. You can garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and basil if you wish and use pizza sauce for dipping!
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1128mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g