- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 medium zucchini
- 6 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Shred zucchini; set aside.
- Melt butter and allow to cool. In a large bowl, use a mixer to beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Add vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, applesauce, and butter. Mix well, then stir in 3 cups of the shredded zucchini.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing just until smooth and moist.
- Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups; bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 326mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 19g