- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1 1/2 medium squash, summer
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 1/2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Chop squash into small pieces and add to a microwave-safe dish. Add a small amount of water to the bottom of the dish, and cook on high in the microwave for 5 minutes. Once soft, purée squash in a blender.
- Scoop squash purée into a large mixing bowl; add ricotta, egg, parsley, basil, marinara, and salt. Mix well then set aside.
- Spray a large, oven-safe skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Preheat oven to broil.
- Stir pasta into the sauce mixture, then pour into the hot skillet; cook 7-8 minutes until bubbly, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, then place skillet in the oven and broil for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned (watch closely so it does not burn!).
- Serve pasta with grapes, strawberries, and sugar snap peas on the side alongside ranch dressing for dipping.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 593mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g