- 8 oz pasta, shapes
- 4 serving 2 oz turkey sausage
- 1 pepper bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 pepper, large (3-3/4″ long, 3″ dia) bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium (4-1/2″ long) pepper, banana
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/4 cup, whipped Cream, fluid, light whipping
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 3 cup pineapple
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- Cook ziti according to package directions. Cover and set aside
- In a medium sized skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray, add sausage. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain and set aside, covered.
- Add peppers, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, occasionally stirring. Add tomatoes, whipping cream and cheese. Reduce heat and allow to melt.
- Stir in pasta and sausage, heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with greens, pineapple, and extra shredded cheese.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie